Radio Boise Sales Staffers Needed – ASAP!
TWO UNDERWRITING REPRESENTATIVES NEEDED IMMEDIATELY: Commission-based pay structure (20%)
General Definition of Work
As an Underwriting Representative, you’ll be a main conduit to our small business community. You’ll represent the station and conduct outreach necessary to educate and engage a wide variety of businesses with the goal of generating underwriting income for Radio Boise. You’ll work to convey the idea of community radio as a regional economic development tool and that Radio Boise’s success is in the best interest of local business. You’ll be TRAINED by professional fundraisers and sales reps to give you some of the specific tools you’ll need to succeed, if you don’t have them yet.
Activities associated with this responsibility include:
- Engaging local and regional businesses to solicit on-air cash underwriting, partnerships, and/or in-kind trade opportunities;
- Works with Underwriting Manager and other Radio Boise staff to write and schedule on-air underwriting announcements;
- Maintains relationships with underwriting clients
- Provides regular status reports and prospect updates to Underwriting Manager
- Works with community partners to engage Radio Boise visibility at our events and through their communications materials;
- > Demonstrated experience with sales, preferably with broadcast media
- > A strong commitment to improve Radio Boise’s financial well-being as well as its image and visibility
- > Clear in-person communication and via telephone, print and electronic media
- > Excellent organizational skills: must be able to coordinate, promote and track many projects/deadlines simultaneously, keep thorough records
- > Community organizing experience is beneficial
- > Must be able to use standard office software, including databases and proficient at data entry and email